The autonomy and discipline growth of children leads to fatigue at the end of the day. You need good rest in not congested quiet room. Japanese decor would be an ideal solution, combining simple shapes, soft airy shades, small pieces of furniture with security.
Japanese decor: nursery design
Japan is a progressive country with an amazing philosophy that includes all walks of life. The Japanese interior design is based on large open spaces, because all the excess impairs the true beauty. Two key features of the Japanese style are minimalism and simplicity of shapes.
Thanks to these characteristics, the design of children’s rooms achieves two goals:
- perfect recreation space creation;
- Children development.
Basic colors of the Japanese nursery should be inspired by beautiful Japanese nature. Prefer bright shades like white, brown, sakura pink shades. Make bright accents with the Japanese culture of red and black.
The walls should be smooth, simple and almost empty, usually white or soft green. Use only three or fewer thematic paintings or graphics for nursery design. You are welcome to add photo wallpapers with Eastern nature or traditional fairytale images. Vertical finishing, such as thin lines, minimalist Japanese ornaments or patterns, looks fantastic!
Ground should create clarity and nature environment presence effect with its simplicity, shiny surface, natural materials and dark colors. Japanese decor with maroon floor looks unique.
Japanese nursery: furniture
The minimum of simple functional furniture made of natural materials allows space and light.
- Choose a built-in wardrobe with sliding doors or a wooden cabinet or simulation material.
- Shelves should be light, small and functional.
- Pay special attention to the bed; The rest of your children depends on it. Choice is based on two parameters: size and comfort. Bed in Japanese nursery should be large, not too high, made of natural materials and placed in the middle of the room.
- Screen zones work, play and sleep places. Use Japanese decor for screen, such as hieroglyphics, bamboo, bonsai.
- There are only a few furniture in the workplace. It should be well lit. You are welcomed to place desk near the window with bright colored natural textile curtains.
Nursery Ideas: More Japanese Decor Elements
Enhance real Japanese decor with aroma lamps, wooden lampshades, dolls, figurines, ikebana and bonsai trees. You can decorate walls with few practical laconic images. But do not let yourself get carried away! Japanese interior should not be overloaded by decorative elements.
Remember, light, clarity, space and calm atmosphere are the main components of the Japanese interior.
Hopefully, our “Kids room ideas: Japanese kids room” article inspired you to create a nursery design that brings pure hearts to children, harmonizing the picturesque Fuji and the delightful sakura gardens.