Admirable Rustic bathroom decor offers opportunities for brutality and serenity concept realization. The name of the style came from the Latin «Rusticus» – «Village», which comes from «rus» – «brutal», «uncouth». To understand our ideas for bathroom design ideas, we turn to architecture. The term “Rustication” refers to the coating of exterior walls with square stones, which are close together. The front of the stones remained rough.
Our goal is therefore a contemporary bathroom design that artistically interprets the village life. It contains some vintage charm, themed handmade and natural materials aesthetics. Style creates a relaxing but still not grumpy atmosphere.
Are you fascinated? Read our article «Contemporary bathroom design: Incredible rustic bathroom furniture».
Rustic bathroom decor: Special furniture
- Simple white, concrete or brass (faux age) bath looks great in rustic bathroom decor. But if you really need atmospheric, coat it with coarse stones, artificially aged wood.
- Rectangular bathtubs look so epic! Partial coating with stone or pebbles makes it even more efficient.
- Bathtubs with modern acrylic printing technology also offer a real village atmosphere. Do not be afraid of crazy bathroom design ideas – pick false cracks or even … cow prints!
- Brutal open shelves made of rough, uneven wood – it’s really adorable!
- The same material looks good for cabinets. You will bring some fairytale beats to contemporary bathroom design. Pay special attention to decorative handles.
- Washbasin can be both plain white and brutal, concrete or even imitate big stone.
Bathroom Design Ideas: Expressive Rustic Coating
Despite the importance of furniture and sanitary facilities, Rustic Bathroom decor starts from walls, floor and ceiling. Empty bathroom should already speak “rustic language”.
- Intentionally careless, uneven coating and surface give the walls a special character.
- Love “warmer” bathroom design ideas? Use a wood paneling or masonry. Choose uneven, rough stones. Stone also allows.
- Wooden beams should decorate walls and ceiling perfectly.
- Choose wood or stone for floors. Tiles rarely used. It’s harder to keep style with them. Avoid shiny ones.
Modern bathroom design: Rustic accessories
Rustic bathroom decor is not completely brownish! Accessories soft bright colors. Remember, which for you are associated with retro and nature?
- Natural fabrics, especially linen, fit best. Choose tones.
- Mirror frames give fantastic space for the imagination! Brutal wood, window imitating, little fairy tale vintage – all become suite.
- Baskets and all braided elements should fit into your design ideas.
- Handmade with folk nuances is welcome!
- Toiletries should go in small bottles in retro style. Do not forget to tie them with ropes.
- Wildflowers can finish your composition. But it will not be a sweet bouquet! Despite its delicacy, it will retain a certain brutality.
Hopefully our article “Contemporary Bathroom Design: Incredible Rustic Bathroom Equipment” will help you enjoy the beauty of the beast!
Do you like this post? Please share it with your friends: