The bedroom, as a cozy place to rest, needs a special design that serves as the best scene for dreams and sometimes even as a time machine. Today we propose you a journey into the Victorian era with its English, heated eclectic aesthetic.
Interior design of the bedroom: Victorian bedroom colors
The colors of the Victorian era perfectly match the interior trends of 2017, especially the Lush Meadow color reminiscent of Victorian Paris Green. As I said, Victorian decor has eclectic character, so you are welcome to use both saturated “eastern” colors, such as purple, wine, red, blue and classic ivory, beige, snow white, gray and all wood tones. So, you are armed with full range for actual modern bedrooms.
Bedroom Ideas: Victorian Decor Materials
Genuine Victorian decor needs refined natural materials. Walls may not be entirely wood, but wood panels with decorative pits and protrusions should look perfect. Victorian bedroom walls can be decorated with bright wallpaper with floral patterns, textured wallpaper and even velvet.
Light should be like secondary building material in Victorian decor, so let’s write about it here. England is foggy country with not much natural light and sunny day, so Victorian style bedroom interior design characterized by the rich yellow tone lighting. Interior Trends 2017 even include zones of light! Light up every corner with classic chandeliers, chandeliers and decorative sconces (preferably candle-shaped). Do not use colorful LED lights or high-tech elements like in an extremely modern bedroom!
Indoor Trends 2017: Victorian Bedroom Furniture
Victorian bedroom design composition heart is large, comfortable bed with royal canopy, made of draped silk or velvet. Victorian bed, which is usually decorated with refined colored draped silky materials and beautiful pillows, has soft bedding.
Fantasy design is one of the inner trends of 2017. Despite the Victorian inner rigor, such rich bed decor can even be inspired by thematic PC games or movies about the era.
Avoid pointy beds in clear Victorian bedroom interior design! It is gothic style component.
Add small boxes and small chairs, preferably with the bed when you need it.
Victorian decor: More bedroom ideas and tips
- Velvet, silk textiles and floral designs are your best friends and bedroom ideas guides!
- Bedroom interior design in Victorian style can be refined, full of light, bright festive or scary. Choose the mood you like!
- Victorian era bedroom ideas based on theatrically draped velvet curtains. If your bedroom is large, use it not only for windows but also for zones.
- Golden time of the shoelaces brought her home decor! Use decorative lace elements in the bedroom interior design to make it more comfortable.
- Handmade is one of the decoration trends 2017! If you make Victorian-style accessories yourself, use them for extra charm, but do not overload Victorian bedrooms with decorative elements!
- Victorian decor can be used in the mixed stylized modern bedroom. There are elements in Steampunk and sometimes in retro styles.